Consultation period will close Nov 30th.
Read all about this project at https://consult.eirgrid.ie/consultation/east-meath-north-dublin-grid-upgrade-step-4-consultation - but in summary ...
The East Meath-North Dublin Grid Upgrade will add a high-capacity 400 kV (kilovolt) underground cable electricity connection from Woodland substation near Batterstown in County Meath to Belcamp substation near Clonshaugh in north Dublin. This upgrade will strengthen the electricity network in the east of Meath and the north of Dublin to improve the transfer of power across the existing transmission network
There are 4 proposed routes for this underground pipeline ....
- Options A, C and D go by St Margarets GAA club
- Option B goes down the Broughan Lane and pass Newtown Cottages
- Options C and D go down Killeek Lane
If you want to have a say why this shouldn't be going through your area or if you just want to understand what this is about - please attend tomorrow evening.
How to provide your Feedback
Any of the following means ...
- Make on online submission - provide written feedback on each option by registering for a free account on this platform and make a submission using the link opposite
- Questionnaire - complete a simple online questionnaire here
- Email - send your comments by email to EastMeathNorthDublin@eirgrid.com
- Post - write your own submission and free post it back to us - East Meath-North Dublin Grid Upgrade Consultation, EirGrid plc, Freepost FDN 5312, 160 Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, D04 FW28.